XZERES Skystream 3.7 Small Wind Turbine
Residential Wind Energy SystemsOn-grid systems deliver AC power that is clean, regulated and ready to use. The system first powers site loads, then draws extra power from the utility if needed. Any excess energy produced is exported and in most cases is eligible for a credit from the utility. XZERES Skystream will partially offset a household or small businesses’ energy needs with a quick payback. Its sleek, distinctive, swept-wing blades have an elegant appearance and are designed for quiet operation making the system an attractive addition to any home. And because it operates at a low RPM, Skystream is as quiet as the trees blowing in the wind.
Off-Grid Wind Energy SystemOff-grid AC and DC systems operate autonomously, using a battery bank to store energy and power site loads. In systems that must deliver 100 percent run time, a backup diesel or natural gas generator is always available to augment wind and solar resources in a micro-grid configuration.
Turbine Monitoring and DiagnosticsXZERES Skystream small wind turbines communicate with your personal computer with a USB connected device and software to send and receive real-time performance data. Skystream comes standard with a wireless communications interface called Skyview. You can operate Skyview from inside the comfort of your home or office. To ensure best performance, the interface is located no more than about 300 feet (100 m) from the turbine if you are indoors. Outside with a straight line of sight, the interface can communicate up to approximately one mile (1.6 km) from the turbine(extended coverage antennas are available).
Global Wind Energy InstallationsThe XZERES Skystream 3.7 small wind power system has installations spanning the globe. With over 8,000 installations worldwide, the Skystream is found powering water purification systems in remote coastal areas, island electrification installations where fossil fuel powered generation is expensive and 48DC high availability telecommunication installation in very remote and exotic locations. Also found in neighborhoods and at schools, XZERES Skystream is a wind power system found in a wide range of applications.
Telecommunication Power ApplicationsFor the owners and tenants of remote communication towers, reliable, cost-effective, and clean energy solutions are essential to supporting critical network requirements and growing organizational goals to combat escalating power costs. XZERES wind turbine technology can integrate directly into or beside communication towers, powering critical telecom and broadcast equipment (antennas, transceivers/radios, lighting, etc.), without vibration or interference.
XZERES Skystream 3.7
- Max Power 2.6 kW
- Rated Power 2.1 kW @ 25 mph (11 m/s)
- Rotor Diameter 12 ft (3.72 m)
- Weight 170 lb (77 kg)
- Swept Area 115.7 ft2 (10.87 m2)
- Type Downwind rotor with stall regulation control
- Direction of Rotation Clockwise looking upwind
- Blades (3) Fiberglass reinforced composite
- Maximum Tip Speed 216.5 ft/s (66 m/s)
- Alternator Slotless permanent magnet brushless
- Yaw Control Passive
- Grid Feeding
- 120/240 VAC Split 1 Ph, 60 Hz
- 120/208 VAC 3 Ph compatible, 60 Hz
(Check with dealer for other configurations)
- Battery Charging Battery Charge Controller kit available for battery charging systems
- Braking System Electronic stall regulation with redundant relay switch control
- Cut-in Wind Speed 7 mph (3.2 m/s)
- Rated wind speed 25 mph (11 m/s)
- User Monitoring Wireless 2-way interface
- Survival Wind Speed 140 mph (63 m/s)
- Operating Temperature -40°F - 122°F (-40°C - 50°C)
- Warranty 5 year limited warranty
Is the XZERES Skystream small wind turbine a good Investment?
- Short answer: Yes!
- Can recoup cost in 5-15 years
- Over the long term it will add to your property value just like any home improvement
- Hedge against future energy costs
Skystream 3.7 Performance
Patented and Patent Pending, the Skystream is one of the most tested and certified turbines in history. Designed for homes and businesses, the Skystream 3.7 paved the way as the first compact, all-inclusive personal wind generator (with controls and inverter built in) designed to work in very low winds. It produces up to 400 kilowatt hours of clean electricity per month* and comes complete with Skyview™ monitoring software, so you can track Skystream’s performance right from your computer.
*Actual output will vary based on site conditions & tower heights.